Library Loan Policy & Check Out Information
- All individuals affiliated with not-for-profit adult or family literacy
education programs in Texas. This includes teachers, administrators,
program staff and collaborators.
- Academic or governmental staff conducting research in adult or family
- Out of state individuals with a program affiliation as described above
may borrow items for which there is not currently demand within the
state. Exception: Some higher-cost loan items are classified
as available only within Texas.
- Borrower with any items currently overdue is ineligible to borrow
additional materials until the materials are returned, paid for, or
the situation otherwise resolved with the Library materials coordinator
or project director.
- Borrower with history of repeated failure to return items on time
will be classified as ineligible to receive any Library loan items
in the future.
- For high-demand, limited-supply items, priority for lending is as
- Staff of Adult & Family Literacy programs affiliated with TEA/Texas LEARNS
(i.e., adult education cooperatives, Even Start
and EL Civics grantees).
- Staff of Nonprofit Adult & Family Literacy Education programs
(i.e., Literacy Volunteers of America, Christian Women's Job Corps,
- Staff of Adult Education program affiliated with Windham ISD
- Loan limit: 5 loan titles per borrower, of which two items can be
videotape or software.
- For new borrowers, the
limit is 2 loan titles until you have established a record of borrowing
and returning loan items in a timely manner.
- Loan term: 30 days (one extension will be granted upon request, unless
another borrower is waiting for that item)
Visit TCALL's Library Search page
to browse and select loan resources, add them to your Library Cart, and
submit your order. Using the online Library Cart ordering system requires
an email address. If you don't have an email address, you may browse
the library, then order materials by calling TCALL's Hotline (800) 441-READ
If you would like hard copies of our library bibliographies sent by mail,
or need additional information, please call our Hotline (800) 441-READ
(7323) or e-mail TCALL at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? The Library staff can assist you during regular business hours.
Email email@example.com or call 1-800-441-READ (7323 toll-free) and ask for the library.